Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Moving Out

I was almost ten years old when a life changing event happened. It was a cloudy afternoon, I just came home from school and I was watching Spongebob Squarepants. My mom came home from work about two hours later. "We can move in our new house next week. It's almost done," she said, a hint of excitement clearly audible in her voice. I groaned. I dreaded the idea of moving to my new house.
My old house was in a housing called "Taman Himalaya", and my new house is in a housing called Taman Beverly Golf. I loved my old house. All of my friends lived there, and every day we would play, rain or shine. I don't like the idea of moving to Beverly Golf because from what I had seen, there were no children playing outside the house, unlike how it was in Himalaya. I begged my parents to stay in Himalaya, but they wouldn't change their minds.
After a couple of months, my family moved to our new house. I did not like it, not because of how it looked like, but because the environment was not like Himalaya.I actually liked the interior of my new house. I was quite happy to finally have my own room, but I was still upset. I faked a smile in front of my parents so that they won't preach me about how lucky I was to have a good house and other things. My dad saw that I was upset, and he told me to take Beggy (my pet dog) for a walk around the neighbourhood, so I did. I walked around the neighbourhood, and I found it very nice. It made me feel a little better, and I thought "Well, if this is how it's going to be, then I'll make the most of it".
After holiday was over I went back to school. I started to get used to the new environment. I started to enjoy my new house. From this experience I learnt to adapt to new surroundings, and not to make first impressions about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment