Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ch. 1 part 1 Don't Look Back

      I could feel my heartbeat ringing in my ears. I ran faster. My knees were weakening from fatigue. "I can't stand it anymore," I thought to myself. My body wanted to stop but my brain wouldn't let me. Into the woods I went. The low branches from the trees scraped my skin, but I didn't care. I had to run away. I knew the woods so well, yet now it seemed unrecognizable. It almost seemed like a painting. A painting I once knew so well, but unreal. Everything from my past now seemed unreal.The past, which seemed so familiar, which I couldn't go back to. I kept on fighting the urge to look back. I knew that things would never be the same ever again.
    "Don't look back," I told myself. I need to run away from it. I shook my head once the thought came rushing back to my head. I couldn't look back. No, I could never look at it ever again. The burnt building that was once my home. My room, the kitchen, all ruined. I couldn't stand the thought, especially the body that I knew should be buried under the ruins of my house. I would rush back to him if he hadn't told me not to. 
     But I can't. I should obey him. But now he's gone. My stepfather. Dead.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment